Las Vegas hospital opens new neonatal unit
AP/San Jose Mercury News, September 9, 2009
Las Vegas-based Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center has begun handling patients at a new top-level neonatal intensive care unit and an expanded special care nursery. Hospital spokeswoman Naomi Jones says certification for the 18-bed NICU came from the Nevada Department of Health & Human Services on Aug. 26. The hospital joins several others in its region with Level III intensive care units for premature and special-needs newborns.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%