Maryland-based St. Mary's Hospital joins MedStar Health
St. Mary's Hospital has merged with MedStar Health, making it the only Southern Maryland hospital in the healthcare network. St. Mary's Hospital sought out MedStar to prepare for the hospital's long-term future, said Christine Wray, the hospital's president. The merger will help in recruiting physicians, gaining access to more specialty doctors, and tapping into physical and financial resources, Wray said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers