Maryland-based St. Mary's Hospital joins MedStar Health
St. Mary's Hospital has merged with MedStar Health, making it the only Southern Maryland hospital in the healthcare network. St. Mary's Hospital sought out MedStar to prepare for the hospital's long-term future, said Christine Wray, the hospital's president. The merger will help in recruiting physicians, gaining access to more specialty doctors, and tapping into physical and financial resources, Wray said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised