Atlanta-based Emory drops suit to block Gwinnett Medical's heart-surgery program
Emory University Hospital dropped its lawsuit to block Gwinnett Medical Center's plan to perform open-heart surgery, ending a nearly two-year fight over the program. Emory and Piedmont Hospital had battled the Gwinnett proposal since 2008, saying that it would flood the metro Atlanta market and dilute the quality of open-heart care. Piedmont dropped its lawsuit earlier in September.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest