Showdowns set on two key issues in healthcare debate
Congressional Democrats are set to push toward showdowns on two of the toughest issues in the healthcare debate: whether to create a government alternative to private insurance, and how to pay the approximately $1-trillion cost of the overhaul. Neither issue will be settled until after the House and Senate have voted on complete bills and start negotiating the final legislation, but it could help define what any compromise would look like, according to the Los Angeles Times.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'