Senate Finance panel has votes to pass health bill, Baucus says
On the sixth day of the debate in the Senate Finance Committee, Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) declared that his panel has the votes to approve a package of reforms that would extend coverage to more than 30 million Americans who lack insurance. He and Sen. Charles E. Grassley (Iowa), the ranking Republican on the panel, said they expect to finish the bill by October 2.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest