Miami-based Leon Medical Centers wins high praise for healthcare plan
Miami Herald, October 2, 2009
On the eve of unveiling an $80 million expansion, Miami-based Leon Medical Centers has been lauded by Health Affairs as one of the best examples in the nation for producing quality healthcare at low costs. The article praised the clinics for emphasizing primary care and keeping costs 15%-20% below the national average.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%