Healthcare poses stiff tests for top Democrats
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosiand majority leader Harry Reid are working independently to merge sweeping healthcare bills produced by two committees in the Senate and three in the House into bills that each must pass in the respective chambers. Then, Democrats hope, they will negotiate one final version between them before sending it to President Obama's desk, reports the New York Times.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'