Bristol (CT) Hospital, Anthem in standoff over reimbursement rates
Beginning in 2010, Bristol (CT) Hospital could be out of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's network, meaning that Anthem members who use the hospital would be charged out-of-network rates for all but emergency care. Bristol hospital gave notice that it will terminate its contract with the insurer after the two sides were unable to agree on reimbursement rates. Unless they reach an agreement, the contract will end Jan. 1. The two sides are scheduled for more negotiations but representatives of both the hospital and the insurer said they remain far apart, the Hartford Courant reports.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers