Bristol (CT) Hospital, Anthem in standoff over reimbursement rates
Beginning in 2010, Bristol (CT) Hospital could be out of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield's network, meaning that Anthem members who use the hospital would be charged out-of-network rates for all but emergency care. Bristol hospital gave notice that it will terminate its contract with the insurer after the two sides were unable to agree on reimbursement rates. Unless they reach an agreement, the contract will end Jan. 1. The two sides are scheduled for more negotiations but representatives of both the hospital and the insurer said they remain far apart, the Hartford Courant reports.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest