Brigham and Women's Hospital names new president
Elizabeth G. Nabel, director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and one of the public faces of its parent, the National Institutes of Health, will be the next president of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Faulkner Hospital in Boston. Nabel, 57, is a cardiologist and clinical researcher who graduated from Cornell University Medical College and trained at Brigham and Women's in the 1980s. She was elected as its president in a unanimous vote by the board of trustees that oversees the hospital and its affiliate, Faulkner Hospital. She will begin her new job Jan. 1.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers