Brigham and Women's Hospital names new president
Elizabeth G. Nabel, director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and one of the public faces of its parent, the National Institutes of Health, will be the next president of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Faulkner Hospital in Boston. Nabel, 57, is a cardiologist and clinical researcher who graduated from Cornell University Medical College and trained at Brigham and Women's in the 1980s. She was elected as its president in a unanimous vote by the board of trustees that oversees the hospital and its affiliate, Faulkner Hospital. She will begin her new job Jan. 1.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream