Brigham and Women's Hospital names new president
Elizabeth G. Nabel, director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and one of the public faces of its parent, the National Institutes of Health, will be the next president of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Faulkner Hospital in Boston. Nabel, 57, is a cardiologist and clinical researcher who graduated from Cornell University Medical College and trained at Brigham and Women's in the 1980s. She was elected as its president in a unanimous vote by the board of trustees that oversees the hospital and its affiliate, Faulkner Hospital. She will begin her new job Jan. 1.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care