Smilow Cancer Hospital set to open in New Haven, CT
Hartford Courant, October 26, 2009
The $467 million, 14-story Smilow Cancer Hospital is set to open October 26 in New Haven, CT. The facility is the culmination of a multiyear expansion effort at Yale-New Haven Hospital and part of a larger campaign to raise the hospital's profile in the treatment of cancer. The hospital is in the midst of a recruitment drive that could lead to more than 60 additional physicians specializing in cancer, officials said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts