Smilow Cancer Hospital set to open in New Haven, CT
Hartford Courant, October 26, 2009
The $467 million, 14-story Smilow Cancer Hospital is set to open October 26 in New Haven, CT. The facility is the culmination of a multiyear expansion effort at Yale-New Haven Hospital and part of a larger campaign to raise the hospital's profile in the treatment of cancer. The hospital is in the midst of a recruitment drive that could lead to more than 60 additional physicians specializing in cancer, officials said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013