Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid says bill will include a public option
Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid announced that he will include a government-backed insurance plan in the chamber's healthcare reform legislation. Reid's decision was a reversal from two weeks ago, when he appeared inclined to set aside the idea in an attempt to avoid alienating party moderates. Doubts remain about whether he has the votes to guarantee passage, but he said he concluded that adding a public option was the best way of bringing the strongest possible bill to the Senate floor in November.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream