St. Vincent, HealthSouth Expand Rehab Joint Venture
St. Vincent Health System and HealthSouth Corp. have announced that they are expanding their joint venture, St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital, in Sherwood, AR.
The joint venture purchased a 23-bed St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, formerly operated by St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, which will now be operated under the joint venture and will be managed by HealthSouth, based in Birmingham, AL. The unit will be relocated to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center in Little Rock, AR, within the next two years.
"By combining the capabilities of St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital with those of the St. Vincent Doctors unit, we will be able to offer sophisticated inpatient rehabilitative care to both sides of the river," said Lee Frazier, CEO of St. Vincent's Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, in a media release.
St. Vincent Health System, based in Little Rock, is comprised of three hospitals, a network of primary care clinics, a home health agency, and numerous other ventures and entities. HealthSouth is the nation's largest provider of inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, with operations in 26 states and Puerto Rico.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- 3 Ways CFOs Can Help Achieve Physician Alignment
- CIOs, CMOs Share EHR, Telehealth Adoption Experiences
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- Health Plans Braced for Open Enrollment
- TJC Announces 11% Increase in Top Performers
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look