St. Vincent, HealthSouth Expand Rehab Joint Venture
St. Vincent Health System and HealthSouth Corp. have announced that they are expanding their joint venture, St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital, in Sherwood, AR.
The joint venture purchased a 23-bed St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, formerly operated by St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, which will now be operated under the joint venture and will be managed by HealthSouth, based in Birmingham, AL. The unit will be relocated to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center in Little Rock, AR, within the next two years.
"By combining the capabilities of St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital with those of the St. Vincent Doctors unit, we will be able to offer sophisticated inpatient rehabilitative care to both sides of the river," said Lee Frazier, CEO of St. Vincent's Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, in a media release.
St. Vincent Health System, based in Little Rock, is comprised of three hospitals, a network of primary care clinics, a home health agency, and numerous other ventures and entities. HealthSouth is the nation's largest provider of inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, with operations in 26 states and Puerto Rico.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight