St. Vincent, HealthSouth Expand Rehab Joint Venture
St. Vincent Health System and HealthSouth Corp. have announced that they are expanding their joint venture, St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital, in Sherwood, AR.
The joint venture purchased a 23-bed St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, formerly operated by St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, which will now be operated under the joint venture and will be managed by HealthSouth, based in Birmingham, AL. The unit will be relocated to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center in Little Rock, AR, within the next two years.
"By combining the capabilities of St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital with those of the St. Vincent Doctors unit, we will be able to offer sophisticated inpatient rehabilitative care to both sides of the river," said Lee Frazier, CEO of St. Vincent's Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, in a media release.
St. Vincent Health System, based in Little Rock, is comprised of three hospitals, a network of primary care clinics, a home health agency, and numerous other ventures and entities. HealthSouth is the nation's largest provider of inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, with operations in 26 states and Puerto Rico.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013