St. Vincent, HealthSouth Expand Rehab Joint Venture
St. Vincent Health System and HealthSouth Corp. have announced that they are expanding their joint venture, St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital, in Sherwood, AR.
The joint venture purchased a 23-bed St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, formerly operated by St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, which will now be operated under the joint venture and will be managed by HealthSouth, based in Birmingham, AL. The unit will be relocated to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center in Little Rock, AR, within the next two years.
"By combining the capabilities of St. Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital with those of the St. Vincent Doctors unit, we will be able to offer sophisticated inpatient rehabilitative care to both sides of the river," said Lee Frazier, CEO of St. Vincent's Rehabilitation Hospital/Doctors, in a media release.
St. Vincent Health System, based in Little Rock, is comprised of three hospitals, a network of primary care clinics, a home health agency, and numerous other ventures and entities. HealthSouth is the nation's largest provider of inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, with operations in 26 states and Puerto Rico.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance