Amedisys Acquires Alabama Hospice Agency
Amedisys, Inc., the Baton Rouge, LA-based home health and hospice company, announced Monday that it has acquired Bluewater Healthcare Inc., a private hospice agency in Killen, AL. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bluewater, which generated $900,000 in revenues in 2009, covers seven counties in northwest Alabama, six which are new to Amedisys.
"We welcome the new employees from Bluewater into the Amedisys family and look forward to serving the hospice needs of the patients and families in northwest Alabama," William F. Borne, CEO of Amedisys, said in a media release. "We believe that this acquisition provides a good platform for the continued expansion of our hospice services as we strive to become the largest hospice provider in the U.S."
Amedisys operates 65 hospices in 22 states. Amedisys also has home health agencies in more than 500 locations in 42 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion