PHC Holdings of Florida Buys Citrus Health Care
PHC Holdings of Florida, which manages Medicare Advantage plan company Physicians Health Choice of Florida, has acquired Citrus Health Care, the company announced. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Tampa, FL-based Citrus Health Care primarily serves about 10,000 Medicare Advantage plan members through contracts with the CMS, and about 44,000 Medicaid plan members through contracts with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Physician-own Physicians Health Choice, based in San Antonio, TX, serves more than 30 Medicare Advantage plans with nearly 30,000 members in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. PHC is a subsidiary of WellMed Medical Management, Inc., which specializes in care for seniors.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices