PHC Holdings of Florida Buys Citrus Health Care
PHC Holdings of Florida, which manages Medicare Advantage plan company Physicians Health Choice of Florida, has acquired Citrus Health Care, the company announced. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Tampa, FL-based Citrus Health Care primarily serves about 10,000 Medicare Advantage plan members through contracts with the CMS, and about 44,000 Medicaid plan members through contracts with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Physician-own Physicians Health Choice, based in San Antonio, TX, serves more than 30 Medicare Advantage plans with nearly 30,000 members in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. PHC is a subsidiary of WellMed Medical Management, Inc., which specializes in care for seniors.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised