PHC Holdings of Florida Buys Citrus Health Care
PHC Holdings of Florida, which manages Medicare Advantage plan company Physicians Health Choice of Florida, has acquired Citrus Health Care, the company announced. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Tampa, FL-based Citrus Health Care primarily serves about 10,000 Medicare Advantage plan members through contracts with the CMS, and about 44,000 Medicaid plan members through contracts with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Physician-own Physicians Health Choice, based in San Antonio, TX, serves more than 30 Medicare Advantage plans with nearly 30,000 members in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. PHC is a subsidiary of WellMed Medical Management, Inc., which specializes in care for seniors.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine