PHC Holdings of Florida Buys Citrus Health Care
PHC Holdings of Florida, which manages Medicare Advantage plan company Physicians Health Choice of Florida, has acquired Citrus Health Care, the company announced. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Tampa, FL-based Citrus Health Care primarily serves about 10,000 Medicare Advantage plan members through contracts with the CMS, and about 44,000 Medicaid plan members through contracts with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Physician-own Physicians Health Choice, based in San Antonio, TX, serves more than 30 Medicare Advantage plans with nearly 30,000 members in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. PHC is a subsidiary of WellMed Medical Management, Inc., which specializes in care for seniors.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care