Sanford Health, Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego Plan Pediatric Clinic
Sanford Health is partnering with Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego to open a pediatric clinic in Oceanside, CA, the two health systems announced today.
Using a portion of a $2.5 million donation from philanthropists Pamela and Martin Wygod and the Rose Foundation, the health systems plan to jointly purchase and share a 28,500-square-foot building in Oceanside.
Sanford Children's will open a general pediatric clinic using 6,000 square feet of the building. Rady Children's will consolidate four nearby specialty clinics into the facility, providing primary care, psychiatry, developmental services, various specialty clinics, and the Chadwick Center. The building will also house a pediatric urgent care, after-hours clinic. The clinic is expected to open in early 2011.
"The variety of services offered—developmental evaluations, occupational therapy, urgent care, pediatric subspecialty physician services, the expertise of the Chadwick Center for Children and Families—will provide parents with an expanded and vitally needed range of care," said Kathleen Sellick, president/CEO of Rady Children's Hospital.
Sanford Children's Clinic in Oceanside is the third Sanford Children's World Clinic announced by Sioux Falls, SD-based Sanford Health as part of the initiatives outlined after a $400 million donation from Denny Sanford in 2007.
Sanford Children's Clinic in Duncan, OK, opened August 2009. Sanford Children's Clinic in Belize City, Belize, will open in 2011.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians