Oversight board for Jackson Health System OK'd
While executives at Miami-based Jackson Health System struggled to get the mayor to agree to a $11.8 million contract with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Miami-Dade County commissioners approved a measure giving itself the power to create an oversight board to take over the struggling hospital system if its present financial crisis deepens. The oversight board would consist of seven members. The oversight board measure doesn't become law until it's approved by the commission at a second reading, scheduled for May 18.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives