Oversight board for Jackson Health System OK'd
While executives at Miami-based Jackson Health System struggled to get the mayor to agree to a $11.8 million contract with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Miami-Dade County commissioners approved a measure giving itself the power to create an oversight board to take over the struggling hospital system if its present financial crisis deepens. The oversight board would consist of seven members. The oversight board measure doesn't become law until it's approved by the commission at a second reading, scheduled for May 18.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream