What happens when medical, religious ethics clash?
This article from USA Today asks: What happens if a patient's care choices, or their doctor's, clash with the ethical dictates Catholic hospitals must heed? The article cites the case of an abortion at a Catholic hospital in Phoenix that prompted an angry bishop to rebuke the hospital that allowed a surgery to save the mother's life.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance