What happens when medical, religious ethics clash?
This article from USA Today asks: What happens if a patient's care choices, or their doctor's, clash with the ethical dictates Catholic hospitals must heed? The article cites the case of an abortion at a Catholic hospital in Phoenix that prompted an angry bishop to rebuke the hospital that allowed a surgery to save the mother's life.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make