What happens when medical, religious ethics clash?
This article from USA Today asks: What happens if a patient's care choices, or their doctor's, clash with the ethical dictates Catholic hospitals must heed? The article cites the case of an abortion at a Catholic hospital in Phoenix that prompted an angry bishop to rebuke the hospital that allowed a surgery to save the mother's life.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees