What happens when medical, religious ethics clash?
This article from USA Today asks: What happens if a patient's care choices, or their doctor's, clash with the ethical dictates Catholic hospitals must heed? The article cites the case of an abortion at a Catholic hospital in Phoenix that prompted an angry bishop to rebuke the hospital that allowed a surgery to save the mother's life.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians