Head of Anthem Blue Cross to step down
The chief executive officer of the embattled insurer Anthem Blue Cross announced today that she would be stepping down to help launch a coalition of groups aimed at transforming the state's health care system.
As CEO of the state's largest health insurer, Leslie Margolin came under fire for defending controversial rate hikes that would substantially increased premiums for more than 700,000 Californians who buy coverage on their own. Some subscribers could have seen rates surge by as much as 39 percent.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America