Head of Anthem Blue Cross to step down
The chief executive officer of the embattled insurer Anthem Blue Cross announced today that she would be stepping down to help launch a coalition of groups aimed at transforming the state's health care system.
As CEO of the state's largest health insurer, Leslie Margolin came under fire for defending controversial rate hikes that would substantially increased premiums for more than 700,000 Californians who buy coverage on their own. Some subscribers could have seen rates surge by as much as 39 percent.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013