Head of Anthem Blue Cross to step down
The chief executive officer of the embattled insurer Anthem Blue Cross announced today that she would be stepping down to help launch a coalition of groups aimed at transforming the state's health care system.
As CEO of the state's largest health insurer, Leslie Margolin came under fire for defending controversial rate hikes that would substantially increased premiums for more than 700,000 Californians who buy coverage on their own. Some subscribers could have seen rates surge by as much as 39 percent.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare