Head of Anthem Blue Cross to step down
The chief executive officer of the embattled insurer Anthem Blue Cross announced today that she would be stepping down to help launch a coalition of groups aimed at transforming the state's health care system.
As CEO of the state's largest health insurer, Leslie Margolin came under fire for defending controversial rate hikes that would substantially increased premiums for more than 700,000 Californians who buy coverage on their own. Some subscribers could have seen rates surge by as much as 39 percent.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers