Oklahoma insurance commissioner challenges new fees on health care plans
State Insurance Commissioner Kim Holland's legal challenge of a 1 percent fee on health care claims approved in the waning days of the legislative session could have a major impact on Medicaid recipients and providers, a spokesman for Gov. Brad Henry said Tuesday.
Communications Director Paul Sund said it's too early to say whether Holland's challenge might prompt a budget crisis, "but it would affect Medicaid recipients and providers across the board ? nursing homes, doctors, hospitals and their patients.?
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Discuss Population Health Management
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram