Oklahoma insurance commissioner challenges new fees on health care plans
State Insurance Commissioner Kim Holland's legal challenge of a 1 percent fee on health care claims approved in the waning days of the legislative session could have a major impact on Medicaid recipients and providers, a spokesman for Gov. Brad Henry said Tuesday.
Communications Director Paul Sund said it's too early to say whether Holland's challenge might prompt a budget crisis, "but it would affect Medicaid recipients and providers across the board ? nursing homes, doctors, hospitals and their patients.?
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians