Oklahoma insurance commissioner challenges new fees on health care plans
State Insurance Commissioner Kim Holland's legal challenge of a 1 percent fee on health care claims approved in the waning days of the legislative session could have a major impact on Medicaid recipients and providers, a spokesman for Gov. Brad Henry said Tuesday.
Communications Director Paul Sund said it's too early to say whether Holland's challenge might prompt a budget crisis, "but it would affect Medicaid recipients and providers across the board ? nursing homes, doctors, hospitals and their patients.?
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care