UnitedHealth posts 31% profit
UnitedHealth Group posted stronger-than-expected earnings for the second quarter Tuesday and raised its outlook for the full year.
And driving that growth, as Gail Boudreaux, president of the company's UnitedHealthcare unit said on a conference call with analysts, were sales of "leaner products where employers, particularly in the small end of the market, are very focused on managing their overall costs," according to a Thomson Reuters transcript.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told