UnitedHealth posts 31% profit
UnitedHealth Group posted stronger-than-expected earnings for the second quarter Tuesday and raised its outlook for the full year.
And driving that growth, as Gail Boudreaux, president of the company's UnitedHealthcare unit said on a conference call with analysts, were sales of "leaner products where employers, particularly in the small end of the market, are very focused on managing their overall costs," according to a Thomson Reuters transcript.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers