UnitedHealth posts 31% profit
UnitedHealth Group posted stronger-than-expected earnings for the second quarter Tuesday and raised its outlook for the full year.
And driving that growth, as Gail Boudreaux, president of the company's UnitedHealthcare unit said on a conference call with analysts, were sales of "leaner products where employers, particularly in the small end of the market, are very focused on managing their overall costs," according to a Thomson Reuters transcript.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing