UnitedHealth posts 31% profit
UnitedHealth Group posted stronger-than-expected earnings for the second quarter Tuesday and raised its outlook for the full year.
And driving that growth, as Gail Boudreaux, president of the company's UnitedHealthcare unit said on a conference call with analysts, were sales of "leaner products where employers, particularly in the small end of the market, are very focused on managing their overall costs," according to a Thomson Reuters transcript.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013