Blue Cross names new CEO
The incoming CEO of the Bay State's largest health insurer acknowledged yesterday that he is staring down the barrel of another year in the red, declaring "we will lose money" this year.
"We've had a challenging last few years," said Blue Cross Blue Shield of Masssachusetts Executive Vice President Andrew Dreyfus, slated to become the insurer's head honcho Sept. 7.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed