Blue Cross names new CEO
The incoming CEO of the Bay State's largest health insurer acknowledged yesterday that he is staring down the barrel of another year in the red, declaring "we will lose money" this year.
"We've had a challenging last few years," said Blue Cross Blue Shield of Masssachusetts Executive Vice President Andrew Dreyfus, slated to become the insurer's head honcho Sept. 7.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs