Italian minister apologizes after delivery room fight
Italy's health minister has apologised to a woman for a fight between two doctors in the delivery room as she was about to give birth.
The authorities are investigating whether the woman suffered complications as a result of the row.
Laura Salpietro, 30, had her uterus removed and her baby boy suffered heart problems and possible brain damage at birth on Thursday in Messina, Sicily.
Her husband Matteo Molonia says the confrontation delayed a C-section.
After a heated exchange of words, one of the doctors seized his colleague by the neck and shoved him into a wall, according to Mr Molonia's account to police, reports said.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity