Caritas to convert Landmark
Caritas Christi Health Care yesterday said it plans to convert Landmark Medical Center of Woonsocket, R.I., into a Catholic hospital if its agreement to acquire the financially ailing 214-bed community hospital is approved by a Rhode Island judge and state regulators.
The conversion would mean Landmark could no longer provide sterilization services — such as tubal ligation — barred by the ethical and religious directives of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the rules governing Catholic health care organizations.
Landmark does not perform abortions, another procedure prohibited by the conference’s ethical and religious directives.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals