Aetna’s Medicaid unit expands Pa. network
Hartford managed care provider Aetna Inc.'s Medicaid managed care division has added the five-hospital Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Pennsylvania network.
The new contract between Aetna Better Health and Crozer-Keystone is effective immediately, although terms were not disclosed.
Aetna Better Health on April 1 took over running Pennsylvania's Medicaid program. It currently has about 30,000 members across the southeastern and Lehigh/Capital regions of the state.
Aetna Better Health also runs Medicaid programs in Connecticut and Texas.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices