Banner Health to Build Hospital in CO
Banner Health, which operates 23 hospitals in seven states, says it is "moving forward" to build a 25-bed critical access hospital within a 10-mile stretch of northeastern Colorado between two existing facilities in Brush and Fort Morgan, subsequent to a county government recommendation.
Banner, a non-profit healthcare system, operates East Morgan County Hospital, a 25-bed facility in Brush, while LifePoint Hospitals, a for-profit system, operates Colorado Plains Medical Center, a 50-bed facility in Fort Morgan.
Recently, the Morgan County Healthcare Horizon Council called for more collaboration between the two systems to better coordinate services and expand healthcare needs for the county.
In announcing the project, Banner president and CEO Peter Fine said
"We believe a new hospital between Brush and Fort Morgan will bring these two communities together at a location that offers county residents state-of-the-art medical care, convenience and a highly coordinated patient experience."
"We're moving forward with this effort, but it's important to understand that this presents an ideal opportunity for Banner Health and LifePoint to come together as partners to build this campus and provide these needed health services for all residents of Morgan County," Fine said.
Fine said that while both facilities serve residents "extremely well," but they are more than 50 years old and "the reality is that they are outdated, older facilities that need to be replaced."
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big