Lee Memorial Health System, Naples Community Hospital investigated for Medicaid fraud
The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating 18 hospital systems, including Lee Memorial Health System and Naples Community Hospital, for possible Medicaid fraud.
"Our Medicaid Fraud office is examining the issue of submission of false claims for payment as it relates to patient screening and/or non-emergency services," the Attorney General's Office said in a statement. "We have been investigating this issue since October 2008."
Officials there declined to comment further.
Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Karen Krieger said this morning she was unaware of the investigation and did not immediately comment.
Hospitals/hospital systems under investigation:
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals