Lee Memorial Health System, Naples Community Hospital investigated for Medicaid fraud
The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating 18 hospital systems, including Lee Memorial Health System and Naples Community Hospital, for possible Medicaid fraud.
"Our Medicaid Fraud office is examining the issue of submission of false claims for payment as it relates to patient screening and/or non-emergency services," the Attorney General's Office said in a statement. "We have been investigating this issue since October 2008."
Officials there declined to comment further.
Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Karen Krieger said this morning she was unaware of the investigation and did not immediately comment.
Hospitals/hospital systems under investigation:
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public