Lee Memorial Health System, Naples Community Hospital investigated for Medicaid fraud
The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating 18 hospital systems, including Lee Memorial Health System and Naples Community Hospital, for possible Medicaid fraud.
"Our Medicaid Fraud office is examining the issue of submission of false claims for payment as it relates to patient screening and/or non-emergency services," the Attorney General's Office said in a statement. "We have been investigating this issue since October 2008."
Officials there declined to comment further.
Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Karen Krieger said this morning she was unaware of the investigation and did not immediately comment.
Hospitals/hospital systems under investigation:
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs