Lee Memorial Health System, Naples Community Hospital investigated for Medicaid fraud
The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating 18 hospital systems, including Lee Memorial Health System and Naples Community Hospital, for possible Medicaid fraud.
"Our Medicaid Fraud office is examining the issue of submission of false claims for payment as it relates to patient screening and/or non-emergency services," the Attorney General's Office said in a statement. "We have been investigating this issue since October 2008."
Officials there declined to comment further.
Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Karen Krieger said this morning she was unaware of the investigation and did not immediately comment.
Hospitals/hospital systems under investigation:
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told