Lee Memorial Health System, Naples Community Hospital investigated for Medicaid fraud
The Florida Attorney General's Office is investigating 18 hospital systems, including Lee Memorial Health System and Naples Community Hospital, for possible Medicaid fraud.
"Our Medicaid Fraud office is examining the issue of submission of false claims for payment as it relates to patient screening and/or non-emergency services," the Attorney General's Office said in a statement. "We have been investigating this issue since October 2008."
Officials there declined to comment further.
Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Karen Krieger said this morning she was unaware of the investigation and did not immediately comment.
Hospitals/hospital systems under investigation:
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending