Children's hospital CEO leaving Vanderbilt
Dr. Kevin B. Churchwell is leaving the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt to become chief executive of the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Churchwell has been CEO of the Vanderbilt hospital for more than three years after serving in an interim role after Jim Shmerling left to become CEO of The Children’s Hospital of Denver. The pediatric critical care specialist will also be a system senior vice president when he begins his work at Nemours in November.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare