Children's hospital CEO leaving Vanderbilt
Dr. Kevin B. Churchwell is leaving the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt to become chief executive of the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Churchwell has been CEO of the Vanderbilt hospital for more than three years after serving in an interim role after Jim Shmerling left to become CEO of The Children’s Hospital of Denver. The pediatric critical care specialist will also be a system senior vice president when he begins his work at Nemours in November.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs