Children's hospital CEO leaving Vanderbilt
Dr. Kevin B. Churchwell is leaving the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt to become chief executive of the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Churchwell has been CEO of the Vanderbilt hospital for more than three years after serving in an interim role after Jim Shmerling left to become CEO of The Children’s Hospital of Denver. The pediatric critical care specialist will also be a system senior vice president when he begins his work at Nemours in November.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US