Children's hospital CEO leaving Vanderbilt
Dr. Kevin B. Churchwell is leaving the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt to become chief executive of the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
Churchwell has been CEO of the Vanderbilt hospital for more than three years after serving in an interim role after Jim Shmerling left to become CEO of The Children’s Hospital of Denver. The pediatric critical care specialist will also be a system senior vice president when he begins his work at Nemours in November.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014