Opinion: Chester shoot-out violence hurts us all
The outrage is unanimous. An emergency room is where people go to get saved. Monday in Chester, it is where gunshots killed somebody.
Monday morning after midnight, a shoot-out at a Chester nightclub less than a mile from the hospital injured several people. A few minutes later the fracas turned into a shooting outside the Chester Regional Medical Center's emergency room where the victims of the first shoot-out had gone for treatment. When it was all over, two young men, black males, ages 20 and 24, were dead.
And Tuesday, that same emergency room is where police detectives combed the area, around stunned visitors and family members.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines