Opinion: Chester shoot-out violence hurts us all
The outrage is unanimous. An emergency room is where people go to get saved. Monday in Chester, it is where gunshots killed somebody.
Monday morning after midnight, a shoot-out at a Chester nightclub less than a mile from the hospital injured several people. A few minutes later the fracas turned into a shooting outside the Chester Regional Medical Center's emergency room where the victims of the first shoot-out had gone for treatment. When it was all over, two young men, black males, ages 20 and 24, were dead.
And Tuesday, that same emergency room is where police detectives combed the area, around stunned visitors and family members.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending