11 appointed to UMC Hospital Advisory Board
Clark County commissioners on Wednesday appointed 11 members to serve on the new University Medical Center Hospital Advisory Board.
The commissioners, serving as the UMC Board of Trustees, adopted a resolution in June establishing the advisory board, which will make recommendations to the commissioners on routine matters such as contracts.
The commissioners stressed Wednesday that the new board will have some oversight, but the board of trustees will be the final authority.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill