Usual suspects top IHA's roster of California medical groups
The Integrated Healthcare Association has come out with its annual list of the “top performing” physician groups in California, and it includes few surprises.
Once again, Bay Area groups like Hill Physicians Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente’s Permanente Medical Groups, Affinity Medical Group and Sutter Health’s Palo Alto Medical Foundation were tops in the Bay Area, according to Oakland-based IHA. Kaiser also did well elsewhere in the Golden State, as did Hill Physicians (in the Sacramento area).
Other top Sacramento performers included Mercy Medical Group/CHW Medical Foundation -- part of the San Francisco-based Catholic Healthcare West system -- and Sutter Medical Group and Sutter West Medical Group, affiliates of Sacramento-based Sutter.
Conspicuously missing from the Northern California tally of top groups: San Francisco’s Brown & Toland Physicians.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals