Usual suspects top IHA's roster of California medical groups
The Integrated Healthcare Association has come out with its annual list of the “top performing” physician groups in California, and it includes few surprises.
Once again, Bay Area groups like Hill Physicians Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente’s Permanente Medical Groups, Affinity Medical Group and Sutter Health’s Palo Alto Medical Foundation were tops in the Bay Area, according to Oakland-based IHA. Kaiser also did well elsewhere in the Golden State, as did Hill Physicians (in the Sacramento area).
Other top Sacramento performers included Mercy Medical Group/CHW Medical Foundation -- part of the San Francisco-based Catholic Healthcare West system -- and Sutter Medical Group and Sutter West Medical Group, affiliates of Sacramento-based Sutter.
Conspicuously missing from the Northern California tally of top groups: San Francisco’s Brown & Toland Physicians.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth