Usual suspects top IHA's roster of California medical groups
The Integrated Healthcare Association has come out with its annual list of the “top performing” physician groups in California, and it includes few surprises.
Once again, Bay Area groups like Hill Physicians Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente’s Permanente Medical Groups, Affinity Medical Group and Sutter Health’s Palo Alto Medical Foundation were tops in the Bay Area, according to Oakland-based IHA. Kaiser also did well elsewhere in the Golden State, as did Hill Physicians (in the Sacramento area).
Other top Sacramento performers included Mercy Medical Group/CHW Medical Foundation -- part of the San Francisco-based Catholic Healthcare West system -- and Sutter Medical Group and Sutter West Medical Group, affiliates of Sacramento-based Sutter.
Conspicuously missing from the Northern California tally of top groups: San Francisco’s Brown & Toland Physicians.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance