Critics file suit against new Sutter hospital
A lawsuit has been filed by opponents of Sutter Health’s planned new hospital next to the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts – less than a week after the Sacramento-based health organization celebrated a ground breaking ceremony for the $284 million project meant to replace the seismically unsafe Chanate facility.
According to Sonoma County Superior Court docket, the suit was filed by the North Sonoma County Healthcare District, which includes Healdsburg District Hospital, the California Nurses Association, Palm Drive Hospital and a group called the Transportation Solutions Defense and Education Fund.
The actual complaint, filed Sept. 22, was not immediately made available by the court.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees