Critics file suit against new Sutter hospital
A lawsuit has been filed by opponents of Sutter Health’s planned new hospital next to the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts – less than a week after the Sacramento-based health organization celebrated a ground breaking ceremony for the $284 million project meant to replace the seismically unsafe Chanate facility.
According to Sonoma County Superior Court docket, the suit was filed by the North Sonoma County Healthcare District, which includes Healdsburg District Hospital, the California Nurses Association, Palm Drive Hospital and a group called the Transportation Solutions Defense and Education Fund.
The actual complaint, filed Sept. 22, was not immediately made available by the court.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion