Critics file suit against new Sutter hospital
A lawsuit has been filed by opponents of Sutter Health’s planned new hospital next to the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts – less than a week after the Sacramento-based health organization celebrated a ground breaking ceremony for the $284 million project meant to replace the seismically unsafe Chanate facility.
According to Sonoma County Superior Court docket, the suit was filed by the North Sonoma County Healthcare District, which includes Healdsburg District Hospital, the California Nurses Association, Palm Drive Hospital and a group called the Transportation Solutions Defense and Education Fund.
The actual complaint, filed Sept. 22, was not immediately made available by the court.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula