Out on bond, doctor faces new charges of illegally prescribing drugs
Out on bond and already facing painkiller trafficking charges, a Palm Beach County doctor ignored a judge's order and continued writing prescriptions after getting out of jail, authorities said.
Dr. Lucy Valencia, 54, was rearrested Wednesday on four charges of unlawful prescription of a controlled substance.
Circuit Judge Ted S. Booras this morning set her bond at $300,000 for the new charges.
Valencia, who first was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Multi-Agency Diversion Task Force in April, posted $275,000 bond after her first arrest and was instructed not to write more scripts.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed