Out on bond, doctor faces new charges of illegally prescribing drugs
Out on bond and already facing painkiller trafficking charges, a Palm Beach County doctor ignored a judge's order and continued writing prescriptions after getting out of jail, authorities said.
Dr. Lucy Valencia, 54, was rearrested Wednesday on four charges of unlawful prescription of a controlled substance.
Circuit Judge Ted S. Booras this morning set her bond at $300,000 for the new charges.
Valencia, who first was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Multi-Agency Diversion Task Force in April, posted $275,000 bond after her first arrest and was instructed not to write more scripts.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers