Out on bond, doctor faces new charges of illegally prescribing drugs
Out on bond and already facing painkiller trafficking charges, a Palm Beach County doctor ignored a judge's order and continued writing prescriptions after getting out of jail, authorities said.
Dr. Lucy Valencia, 54, was rearrested Wednesday on four charges of unlawful prescription of a controlled substance.
Circuit Judge Ted S. Booras this morning set her bond at $300,000 for the new charges.
Valencia, who first was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Multi-Agency Diversion Task Force in April, posted $275,000 bond after her first arrest and was instructed not to write more scripts.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure