Out on bond, doctor faces new charges of illegally prescribing drugs
Out on bond and already facing painkiller trafficking charges, a Palm Beach County doctor ignored a judge's order and continued writing prescriptions after getting out of jail, authorities said.
Dr. Lucy Valencia, 54, was rearrested Wednesday on four charges of unlawful prescription of a controlled substance.
Circuit Judge Ted S. Booras this morning set her bond at $300,000 for the new charges.
Valencia, who first was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Multi-Agency Diversion Task Force in April, posted $275,000 bond after her first arrest and was instructed not to write more scripts.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth