Out on bond, doctor faces new charges of illegally prescribing drugs
Out on bond and already facing painkiller trafficking charges, a Palm Beach County doctor ignored a judge's order and continued writing prescriptions after getting out of jail, authorities said.
Dr. Lucy Valencia, 54, was rearrested Wednesday on four charges of unlawful prescription of a controlled substance.
Circuit Judge Ted S. Booras this morning set her bond at $300,000 for the new charges.
Valencia, who first was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Multi-Agency Diversion Task Force in April, posted $275,000 bond after her first arrest and was instructed not to write more scripts.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing