U. of Utah health system is best in U.S., medical group says
A three-year effort to improve patient care, safety and satisfaction earned University of Utah Health Care the top spot in the University HealthSystem Consortium’s 2010 Quality and Accountability Study, one of the most rigorous hospital rankings in the country.
“This is a big deal,” said U. Hospital CEO David Entwistle. “It says to the citizens of Utah that you can get the same care here as you can get at the Mayos and the Hopkins and the Brigham and Women’s of the world.”
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations