10 pediatricians pull services from FL Medical Center
Pediatricians at White-Wilson Medical Center will no longer admit patients to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
On Friday, White-Wilson’s 10 pediatricians removed their privileges to admit or see patients at the hospital. They will admit patients only to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Pensacola, according to a news release from White-Wilson.
“When pediatric hospitalization is necessary, it is usually due to a significant illness requiring comprehensive pediatric specialty care,” the statement said. “We believe this care can best be provided by a secondary and tertiary care center, such as Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, where this specialty care is readily available.”
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care