10 pediatricians pull services from FL Medical Center
Pediatricians at White-Wilson Medical Center will no longer admit patients to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
On Friday, White-Wilson’s 10 pediatricians removed their privileges to admit or see patients at the hospital. They will admit patients only to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Pensacola, according to a news release from White-Wilson.
“When pediatric hospitalization is necessary, it is usually due to a significant illness requiring comprehensive pediatric specialty care,” the statement said. “We believe this care can best be provided by a secondary and tertiary care center, such as Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, where this specialty care is readily available.”
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers