10 pediatricians pull services from FL Medical Center
Pediatricians at White-Wilson Medical Center will no longer admit patients to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center.
On Friday, White-Wilson’s 10 pediatricians removed their privileges to admit or see patients at the hospital. They will admit patients only to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Pensacola, according to a news release from White-Wilson.
“When pediatric hospitalization is necessary, it is usually due to a significant illness requiring comprehensive pediatric specialty care,” the statement said. “We believe this care can best be provided by a secondary and tertiary care center, such as Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital, where this specialty care is readily available.”
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts