Mayo Clinic, UnitedHealthcare team up
Mayo Clinic has signed a contract with UnitedHealthcare that allows the health insurer's commercial-plan customers to have access to Mayo's physicians, hospitals and clinics.
The contract gives UnitedHealthcare customers "in-network" rates at Mayo Clinic's facilities in Arizona; Jacksonville, Fla.; and Rochester, Minn.
UnitedHealthcare officials say the contract benefits its customers by providing them access to Mayo's cutting-edge medical technology and services.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion