Lakeland Surgical CEO Dave Daniel wins APIC award
Dave Daniel's determination to eliminate infections at Lakeland Surgical and Diagnostic Center gives him the tenacity of a private investigator.
The ambulatory surgery center's chief executive officer sometimes shows up during the night to make sure the housekeeping crew uses the appropriate cleaning supplies. Daniel, who joined the center nearly four years ago, commonly sits in a waiting room, lifts a newspaper to his face and listens to how new front office staff interact with patients and families.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch