Ellis Medicine (NY) at impasse with union
Ellis Medicine says talks with the union representing its 670 registered nurses are at an impasse.
The RNs, who held an informational picket Oct. 18, are represented by the New York State Nurses Association. The two sides have been negotiating since January, with no result. The most recent four-year contract was originally to have expired on Feb. 28, 2010 but had been extended to June 21. No additional extension has been negotiated.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions