Ex-hospital CEO Urciuoli (RI) brings appeal to U.S. high court
Former Roger Williams Medical Center CEO Robert A. Urciuoli is seeking relief from the nation's highest court for his 2008 conviction for bribing a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the State House.
Urciuoli on Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in July 2010 upholding his conviction for fraud and conspiracy for his dealings with the former, once-powerful Sen. John A. Celona of North Providence.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money