Ex-hospital CEO Urciuoli (RI) brings appeal to U.S. high court
Former Roger Williams Medical Center CEO Robert A. Urciuoli is seeking relief from the nation's highest court for his 2008 conviction for bribing a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the State House.
Urciuoli on Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in July 2010 upholding his conviction for fraud and conspiracy for his dealings with the former, once-powerful Sen. John A. Celona of North Providence.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'