Ex-hospital CEO Urciuoli (RI) brings appeal to U.S. high court
Former Roger Williams Medical Center CEO Robert A. Urciuoli is seeking relief from the nation's highest court for his 2008 conviction for bribing a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the State House.
Urciuoli on Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in July 2010 upholding his conviction for fraud and conspiracy for his dealings with the former, once-powerful Sen. John A. Celona of North Providence.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots