Ex-hospital CEO Urciuoli (RI) brings appeal to U.S. high court
Former Roger Williams Medical Center CEO Robert A. Urciuoli is seeking relief from the nation's highest court for his 2008 conviction for bribing a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the State House.
Urciuoli on Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in July 2010 upholding his conviction for fraud and conspiracy for his dealings with the former, once-powerful Sen. John A. Celona of North Providence.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers