Ex-hospital CEO Urciuoli (RI) brings appeal to U.S. high court
Former Roger Williams Medical Center CEO Robert A. Urciuoli is seeking relief from the nation's highest court for his 2008 conviction for bribing a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the State House.
Urciuoli on Thursday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision in July 2010 upholding his conviction for fraud and conspiracy for his dealings with the former, once-powerful Sen. John A. Celona of North Providence.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations