CCHC to buy Bayside Surgical Center (MA)
Cape Cod Healthcare has reached an agreement to purchase the physician-owned Bayside Surgical Center in North Falmouth, the medical facility announded last month. The agreement was effective Oct. 1.
Under the agreement, the facility will operate as a hospital-licensed outpatient center. In order to comply with licensure requirements, renovations to the facility need to be completed to bring it up to hospital code. The center is expected to open in early 2011.
During the interim period, while renovations are being completed, all cases that have historically been done at Bayside will be performed at Falmouth Hospital. These include outpatient cases such as orthopedic, surgical and gastrointestinal procedures.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses