CCHC to buy Bayside Surgical Center (MA)
Cape Cod Healthcare has reached an agreement to purchase the physician-owned Bayside Surgical Center in North Falmouth, the medical facility announded last month. The agreement was effective Oct. 1.
Under the agreement, the facility will operate as a hospital-licensed outpatient center. In order to comply with licensure requirements, renovations to the facility need to be completed to bring it up to hospital code. The center is expected to open in early 2011.
During the interim period, while renovations are being completed, all cases that have historically been done at Bayside will be performed at Falmouth Hospital. These include outpatient cases such as orthopedic, surgical and gastrointestinal procedures.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators