Lankenau Hospital (PA) to start big expansion
One of the region's largest suburban hospitals, Lankenau Hospital is set to embark on a half-billion-dollar expansion it says will position it to attract more patients and operate more efficiently.
Groundbreaking is set for later this week on work that will include renovation of the existing 331-bed hospital and construction of a five-story, $208 million, 96-bed pavilion and a 1,308-car parking garage and central utility plant. The hospital has already revamped two cardiac-catheterization labs and two inpatient units and begun roadwork on Lancaster Avenue.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed