Lankenau Hospital (PA) to start big expansion
One of the region's largest suburban hospitals, Lankenau Hospital is set to embark on a half-billion-dollar expansion it says will position it to attract more patients and operate more efficiently.
Groundbreaking is set for later this week on work that will include renovation of the existing 331-bed hospital and construction of a five-story, $208 million, 96-bed pavilion and a 1,308-car parking garage and central utility plant. The hospital has already revamped two cardiac-catheterization labs and two inpatient units and begun roadwork on Lancaster Avenue.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians