UC center coordinates medical centers
The University of California has launched a new center to coordinate care and improve quality across its five academic medical centers, 10 hospitals and 16 professional schools and support innovation under federal health care reform.
The Center for Health Quality and Innovation will have a small coordinating staff at the UC Office of the President in Oakland, but center projects will take place at UC campuses.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices