TX Doctor sues Fresenius over her dismissal
A former medical director of two San Antonio kidney dialysis treatment centers owned by Fresenius Medical Care Holdings Inc. has charged in a lawsuit that the company sacked her after she raised concerns about patient care.
Dr. Denise Hart said in a lawsuit that Fresenius officials resisted her efforts to address “patient quality and safety issues” at the centers before abruptly terminating her in May after five years in the post.
Fresenius has denied Hart's allegations.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth