Expansion plan will keep Mount Vernon Hospital open
The city's largest employer and only hospital has gotten a new lease on life with a state grant and an extensive reorganization — but 20 doctors and 27 nurses will be among the roughly 100 layoffs that are part of the restructuring.
Touting the "New" Mount Vernon Hospital, city and hospital officials Tuesday unveiled the plans they expect will keep the hospital open and limit the job losses that had been feared, including a new emergency room, an assisted-living center and expanded outpatient clinics.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare