St. Paul Heart Clinic (MN) to dissolve on Jan. 1 into hospital groups
With a wave to the economics of present-day health care, the St. Paul Heart Clinic will go out of business on Jan. 1 when its 31 cardiologists join the Allina and Health East hospital systems.
Clinics integrating with hospitals has become common as federal reimbursement procedures have become more cumbersome for standalone cardiology groups.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services