Officials tight-lipped about Mercy Hospital's potential buyers
While Mercy Health Partners is mum on which companies are in the running to buy its three hospitals and numerous outpatient clinics, two potential frontrunners are emerging: Texas-based Legacy Hospital Partners and Tennessee-based Community Health Systems.
Legacy Hospital Partners is a privately held company that focuses on acquiring and developing hospitals in partnership with various non-profit hospital companies, according to its website. LHP operates Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ in Sherman, Texas. Company spokeswoman Patricia Ball did not return phone calls seeking comment.
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- SGR Repeal Bill Holds Extra Promise for Rural Hospitals