Officials tight-lipped about Mercy Hospital's potential buyers
While Mercy Health Partners is mum on which companies are in the running to buy its three hospitals and numerous outpatient clinics, two potential frontrunners are emerging: Texas-based Legacy Hospital Partners and Tennessee-based Community Health Systems.
Legacy Hospital Partners is a privately held company that focuses on acquiring and developing hospitals in partnership with various non-profit hospital companies, according to its website. LHP operates Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-WNJ in Sherman, Texas. Company spokeswoman Patricia Ball did not return phone calls seeking comment.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'