Oak Hill Hospital (FL) to expand, create jobs
The ceremonial resolution approved by the County Commission on Tuesday seemed much like dozens of others.
Except this one revealed one of the largest business expansions in recent Hernando County history — one that comes at a time when unemployment is at an all-time high.
With little fanfare, commissioners in their resolution commending Oak Hill Hospital revealed a $50 million, 100,000-square-foot expansion that will add eight operating rooms, 36 private rooms and 18 beds to the post-anesthesia care unit.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care