Oak Hill Hospital (FL) to expand, create jobs
The ceremonial resolution approved by the County Commission on Tuesday seemed much like dozens of others.
Except this one revealed one of the largest business expansions in recent Hernando County history — one that comes at a time when unemployment is at an all-time high.
With little fanfare, commissioners in their resolution commending Oak Hill Hospital revealed a $50 million, 100,000-square-foot expansion that will add eight operating rooms, 36 private rooms and 18 beds to the post-anesthesia care unit.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014